Directed by Burr Steers
Starring: Lily James, Sam Riley, Suki Waterhouse, Lena Headey, Matt Smith, Charles Dance, Douglas Booth, Sally Philips
UK DVD/Blu-ray/VOD release: Mon 27th June 2016.
It’s Pride and Prejudice like you’ve never seen it before, as Jane Austen’s 19th Century classic is invaded by hordes of flesh-eating zombies! With its killer premise, an incredible cast of established stars and Hollywood’s hottest rising talent, and big, blood-splattered action, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies is the literary-monster mash-up you’ve been waiting to feast on!
Pride & Prejudice & Zombies is a fresh twist on Jane Austen's widely celebrated novel. A mysterious plague has fallen upon 19th century England, the land is overrun with the undead. Casting aside personal and social prejudices, feisty heroine Elizabeth Bennet (Lily James) and Mr. Darcy (Sam Riley) must unite on the blood-soaked battlefield to rid the country of the zombie menace and discover their true love for one another. Elizabeth and her compatriots battle with the hideous creatures using a mixture of Chinese martial arts, swords, knives, muskets, and good old-fashioned Hammer-style cleavage.
Based on book by Seth Grahame-Smith (and Jane Austen, of course), it’s one of greatest premises in movie history: what if the literary classic was retold, but this time packed with the living dead? Will Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy still find love? Or will be too busy chopping down an army of the undead for romance
Screenwriter and director Burr Steer has done a fantastic job in bringing the crazy premise to life, turning the literary world of Pride and Prejudice into a blood-soaked battlefield – as inventive as it is exciting and action packed. I have never read the book, but like director Steer, I was intrigued by the book's cover depicting a Regency lady with half her face torn off!
There’s also a great cast assembled, as young talents Lily James, Sam Riley and Suki Waterhouse have enormous fun with their roles, while established stars such as Charles Dance and Lena Headey (both currently in the public eye with GAME OF THRONES) bring a sense of gravitas to the production. It's also nice to see BOARDWALK EMPIRE'S Jack Huston, thankfully equipped with all his face here, in the role of Lt. George Wickham.
Fun, frenetic, and action-packed, this is one literary classic not to miss!
- Gag Reel
- Deleted Scenes
- Creating the Unmentionables - a look at how the design team created the look of the 19th century zombies
- From Austen to Zombies: Adapting a Classic - a piece on the adaptation of the classic Jane Austen novel and the Seth Graehme Smith Zombie twist
- Mr. Collins Line-O-Rama - mash up of his funniest lines and moments from Matt Smith
- The Bad Ass Bennet Sisters - a look at the training process and the exciting stunts that make Pride and Prejudice and Zombies an edge-of-your seat experience
- Courtship, Class and Carnage: Meet The Cast - profile of the cast and their excitement about taking on these iconic roles