Fenton, H. (Ed). Flesh and Blood Compendium. FAB Press, London. 2003.
Over the course of ten seminal issues in magazine format and a hugely successful book format edition, Flesh & Blood became established
as the leading brand name in cutting-edge film criticism during the latter years of the Twentieth Century. Always one step ahead of the rest,
Flesh & Blood featured the world's best writers reporting on the most important sex, horror and exploitation cinema in the world. Flesh & Blood Compendium
is simply The Best of The Best.
Ground-Breaking Articles on eye-opening subjects including: Prosthetic Sex Films, RealiTV and Death Film, Pier Paolo Pasolini and the Marquis de Sade,
Jack the Ripper, Postmodern Slasher Movies, British Trash Films from the 70s, Charles Manson, Rape/Revenge movies, African Witchdoctors, French vampires,
Japanese Ultra Violence and Belgian artcore...
Interviews with cinematic legends including: Russ Meyer, Joe D'Amato, Jess Franco, Tinto Brass, Bigas Luna, Marco Ferreri, Fred Williamson, Coffin Joe,
Peter Jackson, Gerard Damiano, Freddie Francis and many more!
All this topped off by a never-ending reviews section covering films that can't be read about anywhere else, and all delivered with the Flesh & Blood
guarantee of top-quality, enthusiastic, accessible and intelligent critical writing.
- Pre-Postmodern Slasher Seeks Ironic Teen for 'Meaningful' Termination
- The Eye In The Portal of Hell - Coffin Joe interview
- Jacking Off the Censor
- Jack The Ripper on video
- Marketing of the Contemporary British Horror Film
- Thanks for the Mammaries - Russ Meyer interview
- Deadlier than the Male
- Pasolini, Salò, Sade
- The Vulgar World of Tinto Brass
- Dissecting the Human Condition - Nacho Cerdá interview
- Necrophilic Art
- Cerdá on Love, Death and Life - Genesis set report
- The British Trash Files
- Dust Devil, Tarkovsky and God - Richard Stanley interview
- The Devil in Mr. Damiano
- The Devil Made Her Do It!
- The Operation
- Gina Velour - pictorial
- Don't make God the villain - Scooter McCrae interview
- Freddie Francis interview
- Of vampires and the gods of Greece - Harry Kümel interview
- I Know You're Watching Me
- Cafe Flesh 2
- Beyond Ultra Violence
- Marco Ferreri
- The Early Years - Peter Jackson interview
- Mario Bava's Bleak World View - The Nihilism of Rabid Dogs
- The Making of Exposé
- Prosthetic Sex
- The Final Girl in Folktale and Horror Film
- The Erotic Obsessions of Bigas Luna
- A Different Point of View - Jess Franco interview
- Coming to a Fork in the Road - Frank LaLoggia interview
- Flesh & Blood - The First Ten Years
- Fantasy, Reality and Bodily Fluids - Behind the Green Door
- They Sucked His Brains Out!
- William Burroughs
- Charlie's Family - Jim Van Bebber interview
- Dead Men Don't Rape
- Gangstas, Grier & Golf - Fred Williamson interview
- A Legacy of Terror - Norman J. Warren interview
- More Blood!
- Michael Ninn's Sex and Beyond
- Postcard From Colonel Kurtz - RealiTV and the Death Film
- Michele Soavi interview
- The Films of Alain Robbe-Grillet
- Joe D'Amato Talks Dirty
- Flesh & Blood Film Reviews